The Office of Global and Multicultural Awareness provides facilitation of programs and communications directly related to multicultural awareness among PHSC students and the community. We strive to ensure diversity and inclusion by providing effective leadership, high quality technical assistance and training, and compliance monitoring. Our goal is to develop and promote experiential learning opportunities that foster meaningful classroom activity and greater collaboration, with a mission like that of the College—to broaden the accessible, diverse teaching and learning environment rich with opportunities for students to achieve academic success and cultural growth in a global society.
PHSC provides five full-service campuses free from discrimination where members of our campus community gain knowledge and skills to be productive, engaged citizens. Services offered through the Office of Global and Multicultural Awareness range from investigating complaints initiated by students, faculty, staff and the community to the the development of training programs that meet the ever changing needs of those we serve.
- Oversight to ensure compliance of PHSC’s policies and law concerning employment and higher education including (but not limited to) Title VI and Title IX of the Education Amendment Act, and Title VII which includes Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabling condition, ethnicity, pregnancy, or any other factor or condition protected by law. In addition, the College shall not solicit, collect, maintain, or utilize genetic information, as defined in Federal regulations for any purpose.
- Investigation of all complaints of discrimination initiated by students, faculty, staff and the community promptly and impartially.
- Monitoring and maintenance of PHSC’s equal employment opportunity program.
- Provide training and educational materials regarding EEO/diversity compliance issues.
- Develop new programs and metrics to advance diversity and multiculturism at PHSC.
- Management of a Mentors Program to support and assist first-time PHSC students with the challenges they may face during the transition to college and adjustment to college life.