The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program (LSAMP), supports underrepresented racial and ethnic minority students in the Associate in Arts (AA) degree program who are interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) degrees and careers. Pasco-Hernando State College is a member of the LSAMP Central Florida STEM Alliance, a National Science Foundation grant, which is led by Valencia College and includes Polk State College and College of Central Florida.
PHSC AA students interested in transferring to a 4 -year university in STEM fields will find many advantages to joining the LSAMP program.
LSAMP Program Benefits
- Advising support with researching transfer schools and program prerequisites
- Guidance in developing undergraduate research projects
- Invitations to workshops about STEM-related skills and career exploration
- Opportunities to participate in STEM trips and university tours
- Networking opportunities with STEM students and professionals from other institutions
- Qualify to earn a stipend of $300-$500 a year
- Access to minority-based scholarships valued at up to $650 per term
General LSAMP membership requirements:
- No GPA requirement
- Must meet with LSAMP advisor at least once per semester.
- Must participate in at least 3 LSAMP experiences/workshops per semester.
After 1 semester as a General LSAMP Member you may qualify to participate in one of the following LSAMP programs:
- Research Scholar
- 2.75 GPA
- You will earn a $500 stipend upon successful completion
- Community Intern
- 2.5 GPA
- You will earn a $300 stipend upon successful completion
After 2 semesters as an LSAMP Member, 1 semester as a general member, and 1 semester as a Research Scholar or Community Intern, you may qualify to become a:
- Peer Coach
- 2.5 GPA
- You will earn a $500 stipend upon successful completion.
AA STEM Pathways
Students in the following AA STEM Pathways may apply:
- AA - Associate in Arts Option 2 - (STEM General Pathway)
- AA-ANBIO (AA Integrated Animal Biology Pathway)
- AA-BIOMD (AA Biomedical Sciences Pathway)
- AA-IS (AA Information Science Pathway)
- AA-CS (AA Cybersecurity Pathway)
- AA-ENVSC (AA Environmental Science & Policy Pathway)
- AA-IT (AA Information Technology Pathway)